❇ Assignment: Emerging Technologies and Automobiles ❇

Technologies in Development



Out of the six, I think the technology that has the least chance of happening is the flying car. While I don’t doubt people could make them fly, I do doubt it would be possible to do so without the need of a great sum of money and runways for everyone who owns one. It’s not the least likely thing in the whole word, but it doesn’t seem very practical.


I think the one that would have the biggest impact on society would be the self-driving car. Simply put, there are some people on this planet who should not, by any means, have the ability to get in a car and drive it themselves. With a self-driving car, there wouldn’t be very many skills needed, only to be able to tell it where to go and to have a basic sense of where you are. There would be far less accidents involving cars this way and it would be very sufficient.


I think the wheel that senses your statistics will be here very soon, if not already here. It wouldn’t be as complicated as a flying car or a car that navigates itself, but still could be vital to an automobile. Our cell phones do the same thing already, along with even smaller things. A wheel that does it would not be too difficult to manufacture for professionals, in my opinion.


It can sense when a driver is overwhelmed or stressed and it will delay phone calls, so car crashes or accidents involving cell phones would decrease. If someone did die during an accident, there would be statistics to look at so there would possibly be a way to tell what exactly happened; if the driver was intoxicated or extremely stressed.


I do think it would be very cool to have an actual flying car, albeit rather advanced and dangerous. The benefits are that you would not have to pay the expensive fee of plane tickets any longer, no waiting in line, no flight delays, and you can go at your pace. The disadvantages are that, like I mentioned earlier, there are some people who should not be able to drive, and if that person can’t drive, they should never, ever, ever, ever have access to a plane. Also, I guarantee you that if people are stupid enough to drink and drive, there are definitely people stupid enough to drink and fly, which is, I think, the worst thing I’ve ever heard. No thanks.


Well, nobody says you absolutely need to own the car. Like, you can still drive your SUV down the highway with all your kids and family if you want to, have fun with that. I, personally, would love it. I am one of the people who probably should not be able to drive (I think I would kill about five people, a couple of birds, approximately 1 573 264 bugs, and myself), so it would be great. I really do not see how it would “take away” anything from you. The CEO of Google isn’t going to break down your door and stomp on your neck if you don’t buy one of their cars. Probably.

Tech for the Sake of Tech?

No, I don’t. I mean, the people who are 21-29, sort of,  but they’re the people I’d expect to sort of be falling out with it. I think my generation would not feel the same, they would enjoy having this feature, or at least have the option. Technology is pretty important with this generation, so being more connected to it may make them feel more at ease and in control.

Perhaps. People are always going to be in danger if they are using their cell phones in the car no matter what, so there’s always some sort of danger. But, adaptive cruise control and blind spot warnings may assist in bringing their attention to the potential danger, although probably not completely stopping it.

Technological features are pretty important. I want to feel like I’m in control of my car and that I can dictate my own safety, so having the most up-to-date features of automobiles in my car is fairly important for me to consider.

I would mostly look for things that would protect me and the car. What’s the point in paying that much money for a car if it isn’t secure of sturdy? Things like airbags, cruise control, and other safety features are the most important things for me.

Probably air conditioning. It more than likely made cars more expensive because of the technology, so people would not have been a fan of that. But, it will end up being a very good addition to cars, for both comfort and safety.


Comments