✦ Camera Techniques ✦

Camera Techniques:

     The first technique was the rule of thirds. The rule of thirds is applied by aligning a subject with the guide lines and their intersection points, placing the horizon on the top or bottom line, or allowing linear features in the image to flow from section to section. I think it's important because is allows for a better, more effective picture to be taken. It was a bit confusing at first, but I can see how it is important to understand and utilize while taking pictures.

     The second technique was filling the frame. When you fill the frame, you do exactly that. There are no empty spaces left and the picture is up-close and detailed. When you compare a photo that uses this and one that doesn't, you can see the one that uses it looks much better. This one was probably the one that I liked best because it's simple, yet effective and easy to do.

     The third technique was framing. It's where you, basically, frame the subject of your photo with something else within it. I found this one the most complicated. I would like to know more about how this is more important.

     The fourth technique was point of view. It's where you get into different positions and places to get different perspectives on your subject. I also liked this one because of how many different photos you can get out of it and take the best one possible.

     The final technique was level horizon. It's where you make sure your camera is straight and level to get the best result. I did not quite understand this one because I felt it wasn't all that necessary. However, I can see why and how it is important because it looks professional and makes it easy to focus on the subject.

Comments